IT Managed Services London Comprehensive Guide In today’s competitive business environment, having a reliable IT infrastructure is essential for success. Managed IT services are becoming
6 Common IT Support Requests that a Managed Services Provider Receives
An IT Support desk is a busy place to work. The varied types of calls you can get means the team needs to be multi-skilled to resolve things fast!
Teck Genius gets a variety of calls, and they can range from password resets to complex issues relating to API integration errors! There is no limit to what the service desk receives!
However, what we do well is to leverage self-service and automation. Every month we profile our calls and see an opportunity to automate something and benefit our clients; we will do so.
Having this regular process in place means that our clients get optimised service when it comes to issue resolution, and so our first-time-fix levels are incredibly high.
6 Most Common Support Calls
1. Forgotten passwords: By far the most common support call we get is users forgetting their passwords. Sometimes it is their Active Directory password and other times it can be a cloud service password that does not have a single-sign-on.
2. Access Errors: These are the types of calls caused by several issues, including password expiry, dependency service not available, access was removed, service is down etc. Usually, it is down to an authentication issue or the cloud service has an issue.
3. Delete files: Files that go missing are either moved or presumed deleted. Depending on where they are, these calls can be time-consuming. We find that usually, the file or folder was moved or their access was removed. But in the few instances where a file was deleted, we revert to back or version recovery.
4. Laptop won’t boot: With remote working in the increase, we have seen a sharp rise in laptop boot up issues. Often its a case of an Update or defrag, but there are times where hardware failure are responsible.
5. New user onboarding: New users often have questions on how to do things, so the onboarding process needs to be refined to reduce the number of queries they have.
6. Virus detected: This one is a welcomed call as it let’s us know if there are issues. We often tally this up with the security alerting and monitoring so often we know the same time as the user so can tell them if there is a real concern.
The above six support types are our most common. However, we do get to reduce them a fair bit by putting in processes that avoid them, and that is something not many managed services providers do.
If you like the sound of the ‘hands-off’ experience and having your IT and Cybersecurity taken care of by highly trained professionals, we would love to hear from you. Call our friendly team of experts on 0345 314 2001 for a relaxed chat about how we can make all this happen for you. Our team is ready and waiting to help in any way they can.
IT Infrastructure Solutions: A Comprehensive Guide for Modern Businesses In today’s digital era, businesses rely on advanced IT infrastructure solutions to stay competitive, secure, and
IT Support Essex: Best Practices for Data Backup and Recovery In today’s digital world, data is the lifeblood of any organization. As a business owner
Why Your Essex Business Needs IT Support Now More Than Ever In today’s rapidly evolving technological landscape, businesses in Essex need reliable IT Support Services
Embracing Cloud Services AWS, Azure, and More for Essex Companies Welcome to the exciting world of cloud services! The very fact that you’re reading this
IT Support Essex: How to Tackle Data Breaches and Cybersecurity Incidents In today’s digital world, businesses in Essex face an ever-evolving landscape of cybersecurity threats.
Remote Work and IT Support: How Essex Companies Are Adapting The global pandemic has significantly changed the way businesses operate, with remote work becoming the
The Future of IT Support in Essex: Trends to Watch As we hurtle headlong into the digital age, it’s clear that technology will play an
Choosing the Right IT Support Company in Essex for Your Business Ah, the joys of running a business in Essex! The rolling countryside, the charming
A Comprehensive Guide to IT Support in Essex for Small Businesses Running a small business is like being a circus ringmaster. You’re juggling countless tasks,
Top 10 Tips for Choosing the Best IT Support Partner in Essex Once upon a time, in the land of Essex, a business owner was
IT Support Essex: Top IT Infrastructure Challenges and Solutions capabilities and cursing its complexity. But fear not, fellow tech enthusiasts, for we at Teck Genius
Understanding IT Support Services for Essex’s Education Sector Let’s paint a picture, shall we? You’re an educational institution in sunny Essex, and you’ve got a
Office 365 and Microsoft 365 Solutions: Boosting Productivity for Essex Businesses Ah, the digital age – a time when we’re surrounded by so many fantastic
Leveraging Cloud Solutions for Business Success in Essex In today’s fast-paced digital landscape, businesses in Essex need to stay ahead of the curve to remain
Expert IT Consultancy Services in Essex: Unlocking Your Business Potential In today’s fast-paced digital landscape, businesses across all industries face the constant challenge of staying