IT Managed Services London Comprehensive Guide In today’s competitive business environment, having a reliable IT infrastructure is essential for success. Managed IT services are becoming
6 Cyber Security Tips Your Business Can Implement to Increase Security Right Now
Unless you have been banned from the Internet, you will no doubt understand that Cyberattacks are at an all-time high across the world.
Hackers are advancing in their tactics and threats are ever-increasing. A day does not go by without some form of a Ransomware attack and the impact it has had on the business.
Whilst many business owners ARE prioritising their Cybersecurity strategy, many are left exposed whilst they wait to define and implement the changes.
Cybersecurity is an expensive capability, many companies are not setting it as a priority due to costs and so are sitting ducks when it comes to cyber attacks.
So let’s look at 5 quick things you can do to help secure your business, its users and the assets.
6 Cybersecurity Tips to help secure your Business.
1. Keep your passwords private: Passwords can be complex, and if you do not have MFA or SSO enabled, users will need to remember several different credentials. Unfortunately, this leads to users writing them down or, worse, putting them in transparent texts files with the name “passwords.txt”. A recent study revealed that 65% of people use the same password across multiple sites. This increases the risk of compromise as a hacker would then access all the other user’ sites. It is highly recommended that you implement a password policy and consider using password manager tools.
2. Be careful how you send your data: It is common across businesses to see Users email sensitive information to internal and external contacts. Whilst this may seem surprising, it has been the reason for many a compromise. Having an information classification solution in place that stops this from happening is costly and can take time to implement. Therefore, we strongly advise that your users have regular training and awareness on how to handle data.
3. Lock your devices if inactive: Walking away from your device when there are documents and pages open showing sensitive information is never a good thing. Putting in place, a policy that automatically locks the machine after 5 mins of inactivity is strongly recommended.
4. Deploy Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): The use of MFA provides a much-needed layer of security in users’ credentials being compromised. Access to an account will still need an extra layer of validation that helps keep the account secure.
5. Give user accounts the least privileges they need: It is common to observe users having escalated administrator privileges for daily log in accounts. This poses a significant security risk as any potential malware or ransomware compromise will execute commands with admin rights.
6. Train your users: Your users can be your most significant assets when it comes to Cybersecurity protection. A trained and informed user can limit the number of risks when it comes to compromises. Having a regular training and awareness program that is shared across the company can instil cybersecurity awareness from the top down
We hope this blog post has been valuable to you and will help you become more secure by following these steps.
If you like the sound of the ‘hands-off’ experience and having your IT and Cybersecurity taken care of by highly trained professionals, we would love to hear from you. Call our friendly team of experts on 0345 314 2001 for a relaxed chat about how we can make all this happen for you. Our team is ready and waiting to help in any way they can.
IT Infrastructure Solutions: A Comprehensive Guide for Modern Businesses In today’s digital era, businesses rely on advanced IT infrastructure solutions to stay competitive, secure, and
IT Support Essex: Best Practices for Data Backup and Recovery In today’s digital world, data is the lifeblood of any organization. As a business owner
Why Your Essex Business Needs IT Support Now More Than Ever In today’s rapidly evolving technological landscape, businesses in Essex need reliable IT Support Services
Embracing Cloud Services AWS, Azure, and More for Essex Companies Welcome to the exciting world of cloud services! The very fact that you’re reading this
IT Support Essex: How to Tackle Data Breaches and Cybersecurity Incidents In today’s digital world, businesses in Essex face an ever-evolving landscape of cybersecurity threats.
Remote Work and IT Support: How Essex Companies Are Adapting The global pandemic has significantly changed the way businesses operate, with remote work becoming the
The Future of IT Support in Essex: Trends to Watch As we hurtle headlong into the digital age, it’s clear that technology will play an
Choosing the Right IT Support Company in Essex for Your Business Ah, the joys of running a business in Essex! The rolling countryside, the charming
A Comprehensive Guide to IT Support in Essex for Small Businesses Running a small business is like being a circus ringmaster. You’re juggling countless tasks,
Top 10 Tips for Choosing the Best IT Support Partner in Essex Once upon a time, in the land of Essex, a business owner was
IT Support Essex: Top IT Infrastructure Challenges and Solutions capabilities and cursing its complexity. But fear not, fellow tech enthusiasts, for we at Teck Genius
Understanding IT Support Services for Essex’s Education Sector Let’s paint a picture, shall we? You’re an educational institution in sunny Essex, and you’ve got a
Office 365 and Microsoft 365 Solutions: Boosting Productivity for Essex Businesses Ah, the digital age – a time when we’re surrounded by so many fantastic
Leveraging Cloud Solutions for Business Success in Essex In today’s fast-paced digital landscape, businesses in Essex need to stay ahead of the curve to remain
Expert IT Consultancy Services in Essex: Unlocking Your Business Potential In today’s fast-paced digital landscape, businesses across all industries face the constant challenge of staying