6 Reasons you should partner with a Managed Services Provider
How does your in-house IT team perform? Are they inundated with your employees’ support requests, thereby having limited time to work on crucial technology initiatives?
See, technology has progressed since the 90’s where the ethos was around break/fix and internal IT services were very reactive. This started the downward trend on IT support reputation across the industry as many companies were ill-equipped with the correct tools or skills.
Outsourcing offshore was then hailed as the saviour, and whilst it did provide benefits, it did so as a massive management overhead.
What is Managed Services?
Managed services refer to the process of outsourcing business and technology responsibilities to a third party.
A Managed Service is designed to manage and operate all or parts of your technology services and would be contractually defined as part of the outsourcing agreement.
A Managed service can
> Provide increased operational capability to your users
> Free up internal operational resource to focus on strategic IT projects
> Allow for “pay as you use” specific skill sets that would otherwise be expensive.
The Eight reasons to use a Managed Services Provider
1. Keep your IT support costs low: Working with an MSP can introduce cost-saving opportunities across the business. The benefit of having a varied number of skilled resources available as part of your service means you don’t need to hire these skills. An agreed service level contract also allows you to have a sliding scale service that can be tailored based on “pay as you use”.
2. Obtain skill-sets as and when needed: Technology is fast-paced, and new innovations are always being introduced. To be able to evaluate and adopt them can be a costly exercise. It involves hiring and buying in those skills, which can come at a high cost. This is where an MSP will provide immense benefit. The MSP will have a pool of skilled resources at your disposal, which means you only pay when you need them.
3. Get leading-edge Cybersecurity help: Governance, risk, and compliance is a big area for any company. Depending on which industry or sector you are in, it can significantly burden costs and resources. An MSP can remove that pain but providing managed security services as part of its overall offering. This can be aligned with your company’s overall cybersecurity strategy, thus reinforcing your protection.
4. Increase availability and reduce downtime: An MSP will have a toolset that underpins its overall service and operational capability. This means that once they have onboarded you, you will be able to take advantage of all the proactive monitoring and alerting across your infrastructure estate. This in turn creates a proactive capability where your services can be better optimized and managed.
5. Get 24/7 support from your MSP: If you need peace of mind when it comes to tech support and issue resolution, then you can request this service as part of the contractual agreement. This will ensure that regardless of the time, any raised or alert issues will be dealt with swiftly.
6..Scale up or down based on your need: The good thing about a managed service is that you can adopt a more ingrained “pay as you use” commercial model. This allows you to only pay for what you need and use and so flex based on your business’s demand.
What to look for in an ideal MSP?
Finding the right MSP can be an arduous process if you don’t understand what you are looking for.
So, lets now take a look at some of the capabilities that an ideal MSP should demonstrate.
> Offers scalable service model that fits your need
> Provides a hybrid shared model that works with your internal IT team
> Has several critical strategic relationships with vendors
> Offers a pool of diverse, skilled resources when you need them
> Provides 24/7 service management
> Delivers remote monitoring and management
> Demonstrate a precise engagement and escalation matrix
> Offers strategic advice as well as road mapping
> Work to keep your technology cyber-secure
We hope the blog has helped shape your thoughts on how your business can benefit from a MSP partnerhip.
If you like the sound of the ‘hands-off’ experience and having your IT and Cybersecurity taken care of by highly trained professionals, we would love to hear from you. Call our friendly team of experts on 0345 314 2001 for a relaxed chat about how we can make all this happen for you. Our team is ready and waiting to help in any way they can.
You can also find us at www.teckgenius.co.uk, where you’ll discover our full range of services that help you leverage the power of technology whilst enjoying the cost-savings that it brings. Alternatively, please contact us here