Do you need a new Managed Services Provider? 6 signs to look out for.
Are you happy with the way your existing IT Support company performs? Do they resolve your issues, be proactive, make recommendations and work with you strategically? If the answer to those questions is No then perhaps Teck Genius can help.
You shouldn’t need to accept poor IT support services from your MSP, and you certainly shouldn’t receive a continuous reactive service.
If your current IT Support company does not engage with you monthly on service levels, work with you on your 4, 8 or 12 quarter plan and drive forward technology adoption in your business then perhaps it’s time to look elsewhere.
The level of IT Support you receive should be a good indication of how well they perform for you if you have to wait around for issues to be resolved for long periods of time, then that’s a sure sign of service issues. Your business is important and so having lingering or repeat issues makes you suboptimal in your work.
The actual cost of sub-standard IT support services do often create issues across your company and clients; as the ability to be limited in doing your role due to tech issues has downstream effects.
The cost of poor IT Support can cause repercussions throughout your entire business. It’s not just the big IT disasters that can hurt your business. Often, it’s the day-to-day niggles that cost much more. Just a few minutes wasted by each employee on IT issues every day could add up to several days lost over the course of a year, affecting your bottom line.
However, we do observe that many small businesses are slow to respond and act when it comes to levelling up on their IT, and we feel this is due to then going into the unknown.
Will, a new supplier, perform well, how much will it cost, what happens if it doesn’t work, how long will it take, what is the handover process, how can we ensure there’s no service impact? All of these are vital considerations that are natural to think of.
But what is certain is that staying with an MSP that is not delivering is actually costing you more and holding your business back.
So what are the tell-tale signs that you need to look out for? Let’s take a look
6 signs that tell you your MSP needs to be changed
1. Been with the MSP for numerous years: We see this often whereby the relationship has got strained, there is no service improvement or innovation, support levels have dropped and there’s just a general feeling of not being made to feel special.
2. Support issues are repetitive: You keep having to raise the same issues as service escalations, and all fixes seem to be tactical until they occur again. You question why it keeps happening, and you get taken down a rabbit hole of excuses.
3. Existing MSP is reactive, not proactive: Another common complaint we see from our new customers. They move over to us as they felt that issues were always just waiting to happen and there was no proactive maintenance to avoid outages or problems.
4. Service levels have deteriorated: When SLA’s are not measured nor contractually contained, then an MSP has no focus on ensuring they stick to them.
5. You don’t get the change and strategic advice: This is a key issue and if this is what you are experiencing, then this needs to be addressed. If your MSP is not being your trusted advisor, then it is time to move on.
6. Costs go up without justification: If you are faced with increased costs whereby the technology and service have not improved or simplified, this needs to be addressed. Many MSP’s just focus on the recurring revenue and have no interest in service improvement. Don’t tolerate this.
We hope the above helps you in identifying signs of when you need to review your MSP and speak to a new Partner
We would be more than happy to have a no-obligation chat about how we can help.
If you like the sound of the ‘hands-off’ experience and having your IT and Cybersecurity taken care of by highly trained professionals, we would love to hear from you. Call our friendly team of experts on 0345 314 2001 for a relaxed chat about how we can make all this happen for you. Our team is ready and waiting to help in any way they can.
You can also find us at www.teckgenius.co.uk, where you’ll discover our full range of services that help you leverage the power of technology whilst enjoying the cost-savings that it brings. Alternatively, please contact us here