Teck Genius: Top 5 Benefits of Cloud Managed Services
With the staggering growth of cloud services, and the rise of Public Clouds (namely AWS, Azure and GCP) there has never been a better time to significantly increase the time to adopt new technologies.
Gone are the days where you had to wait for your hardware vendor to deliver the servers and storage and then wait for it to be commissioned and tested. Now you have way more options across many different cloud solutions providers.
The growth of cloud services has meant that traditional managed services providers have had to change their service offerings. Before it was largely focussed around server\storage sales with some professional services on top. But with more and more businesses turning to cloud services; this has forced many managed IT service providers to adapt.
Such a move in the MSP industry can only be good for businesses. The benefits of the cloud, when adopted correctly, can make a business far more agile and pivot based on market trends. Software providers have also been forced to rethink their software engineering and architecture. No longer is it about software on a desktop connecting to a server in the network. It is now about to provide access and connectivity using web technologies and protocols on shared or dedicated platforms.
Top Five Benefits of Cloud Managed Services for Businesses
1. Lower Costs: One of the biggest advantages of cloud managed services are the lower costs. The entire service is generally set up to be consumed in a “pay as you use” manner. This means that you essentially only pay for what you will need and use.
2. Scalability: Cloud services are generally scalable with ease. Their architecture and configuration are built with scale-out or scale-up in mind. This means that the cloud service operator can scale the solution based on demand; as and when it needed. No longer would you, as a user, have to worry about the underlying infrastructure and waiting for it to be commissioned and implemented
3. Always-On: The very nature of cloud services means that the service is generally available 24/7 365 days a year. The cloud service provider or managed cloud service partner would have created the service with an “always-on” approach. Redundancy, fail-over and high availability would all be factored into the overall service.
4. Cloud Security: With cybersecurity being are the forefront for all businesses; cloud service providers generally go to great lengths to penetration test their application. SaaS providers also go that step further and get their code reviewed and tested for vulnerabilities. Bottom line is that any reputable cloud service provider will be able to demonstrate to you the cybersecurity analysis and tests they have put their service through.
5. Integration: Many cloud services will offer integration capabilities to your on-prem services or other SaaS-based services. Common ERP and CMS systems all have API’s available to connect to and from. This allows businesses to be able to streamline and connect to their other services and therefore simplify processes.
Teck Genius are cloud-agnostic in terms of cloud services and cloud models. We can work with AWS, Azure, GCP or Private VMware cloud and help design, implement, and support your cloud service. For more information around our cloud managed services please contact us here.